There can be many ways to design the signatures for an email. Professional email signature easily available in Ms Word format and Excel. This article entails the instructions for making the signatures decent and attractive simultaneously.
Good signatures always leave positive impact on the reader of email. Similarly, indecent signatures can leave negative impression on the reader who may not give that very attention to the email as it should have gotten. After managing contact list template in excel these signature template may be effective for you.
Creating an Email Signature Template
- 1. First of all, the signatures should be short. The length of signatures should not exceed to more than four lines.
- 2. Try to shrink information in the email and write only a brief email.
- 3. You should use plain text for writing the email. Do not use colors or different fonts.
- 4. Use special characters in the signatures which could distinguish your signatures from the remaining text of the email.
- 5. It is essential that you should overcome the HTML tools. HTML language should not appear in your email.
- 6. Before sending an important email to your clients or managers, you should send it to yourself to check if the HTML is not being displayed and the signatures are being displayed correctly.
- 7. You should use well customized signatures which should have decent outlook.
- 8. If you are sending the URLs in your email, then you should write them rather than sending them as hyperlinks. It will send the message correctly.
- 9. Do not give multiple addresses or contact numbers because it can confuse the reader. In this regard, you should never confuse your clients.
- 10. You should give your email address and phone number instead of giving your Skype or instant messenger address to your potential clients.
- 11. You can also give address of your professional profiles for instance, LinkedIn etc.
Professional Email Signature Example Word
You should not rely on one kind of signatures. Make different signatures and use them alternatively in different emails; however, never perform the mistake of using more than one signature in a single email.
Different emails would demand different kind of signatures from you. For instance, when you are replying with only a few words or one line, then you should never use your long signatures; shorter version of signatures would be suitable for such replies.
Short Signature Example
Some people also use quotes in their email with their signatures. In this regard, some quotes are very good and attract the attention of the reader. On the other hand, such quotes do not find tacit approval of some people; if such people would read the email, they would find the quote as an unpleasant statement and would not give due respect to the email. Therefore, it is, generally, better not to use the quotes with the signatures. Use short signatures and make them simple.
You can include the disclaimer depending upon the nature of discussion you are having in the email. However, generally, the disclaimer is not added in the email.